DDO collaborates with the industry experts to contribute to the advancement of the mobility and seating field.
- Asociación en Defensa del Infante Neurológico (AEDIN) – Argentina -Partnering in field trials. Visit this link to see our work with AEDIN.
- Choice International and DDO are working on inclusion through wheelchair sports initiatives
CLASP is an innovative USAID-funded project implemented by UCP Wheels that increases access to a variety of quality, affordable mobility aids, and promotes appropriate provision globally. CLASP provides a solution to supply-side challenges faced by wheelchair service providers in less-resourced settings, including limited product variety, extensive lead time, and logistical burdens. Please see them by visiting the following links.
- Global Research, Innovation, and Education on Assistive Technology (GREAT) – DDO participated in GREAT summits in 2017 and 2019 and presented an eProceeding Snapshot which you could find as item GS12 by following this link.
- International Society of Wheelchair Professionals (ISWP) – DDO is a member of ISWP and DDO products are listed on ISWP products list. DDO Chief Executive Director is a Professional Standards Board (PSB) member of ISWP
- Motivation Charitable Trust – UK Motivation – Partnering in distribution of Motivation Sports wheelchairs
- Neurodevelopment Centre – Republic of Georgia NDC – Partnering in field trials
- Coalition for Independent Living – Republic of Georgia CIL – Partnering in field trials
- Peel Regional Diversity Roundtable (RDR) – DDO is a member of the RDR. DDO Executive Director served as a Board Member
- Rehabilitation Engineering Society of North America (RESNA) Special Interest Group (SIG) – DDO is a member of RESNA International SIG
- Simple Stuff Works – are an accredited training and equipment provider who work with individuals at risk of developing changes in their body shape. They focus on using the lying posture and supported positioning to protect a person’s body shape and quality of life. Simple Stuff Works and DDO work in partnership with organizations and collaborating groups to create adaptable service model frameworks to support local or national roll out of sustainable lying support solutions in low and middle income countries.
- UNICEF Forum on Assistive Products for Children with Disabilities (APCD) in Copenhagen, Denmark. DDO was invited to participate in the forum
- Wheelchair Stakeholder Conference – DDO participated in the conference held in Bengaluru, India in 2018. The conference convened partners and sector experts who work in wheelchair provision in less-resourced settings to define the future priorities for the sector
- Whirlwind Wheelchair International – USA Whirlwind International – Partnering on distribution of RoughRider Wheelchair
- World Health Organization (WHO) – Global Cooperation on Assistive Technology (GATE). DDO participated in all three levels of the Delphi Study which contributed to the creation of a Priority Assistive Products List (APL).